Sunday, November 25, 2012

Last November Birthday Card (I hope!)

My baby sister's birthday is November 30th.  Here's the card I created for her.  She has tons of hummingbirds at her front porch every year when we come for Easter, they're so fun to watch.  I thought I'd use the hummingbird from Elements of Style Stamp Set to create her birthday card this year...

I used the triple layer technique using Very Vanilla CS and Crumb Cake CS.  After stamping the flowers and vines in Gumball Green, I colored some of the flowers with water color wonder crayons (Brights Collection) and used the Blender Pen to spread the color.  I then stamped the hummingbird in Midnight Muse.  The Happy Birthday is from Petite Pairs Stamp Set.  I punched it out with the Medium Oval Punch and layered onto a piece of Midnight Muse CS punched with the Scallop Oval Punch.  The ribbon on the corners is Rose Red Seam Binding.  I ran the layers through the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  I used a Crumb Cake envelope and stamped it with the vine from the Elements of Style Stamp Set in Gumball Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment