Monday, August 23, 2010

Sister Birthday

One of my little sisters is having a Birthday this week ~ here's the card I made for her. Should have had it in the mail already ~ at least I'll get it going before her BIG DAY!!!
I used the Aviary Stamp Set for the birds and cage. I stamped the bird cage on clear acetate and cut it out and mounted it over the little bird that's statmped directly onto the background paper, the top is Elegant Soiree DSP and the bottom part of the card is from Travel Journal DSP. I punched the happy birthday with the large oval punch. The happy birthday is stamped with the Perfect Punches Set on Baja Breeze CS. I sponged around the outside edge with Early Espresso and rounded the corners. The ribbon across the center is Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain. Sure hope she likes the card and the thought ~ I know she will. I did the inside on my computer and added another long-legged bird from the Aviary Stamp Set. Happy Birthday Sis'! It's really hard when they live so far away ~ well, not real far, but over 4 hours, so I don't get to see her and her family very often. I know Judy ~ at least it's not Michigan!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Jul! She is going to love it. I am working on mine. Got the envelope done. LOL Might as well be Michigan as often as we get to see her. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget you twins have more sisters! I love the birdcage, colors, texturing! I am sure your sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete