Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tropical Party Birthday Card

I got my inspiration for this card from Julie's Stamping Station ~ Judy (my twin) brought it to my attention. The new Summer Mini should be in the mail to all you faithful Julia Luvs 2 Stamp Customers and this stamp set is so cute! And I love the new Square Lattice Embossing Folder ~ after stamping the images in Old Olive I ran it through the Big Shot with the new Square Lattice Embossing Folder and I'm also loving the new Smooch Sprays. For this one I used the Vanilla Shimmer, you might not see it in the picture but it shines really pretty. The Birthday Wishes is from the Summer Mini too called Water Color Trio. I finally jumped on board and invested in the new Clear Mounts ~ wow, everybody was right, those are awesome. I ordered all my Summer Mini Stamps in Unmounted and they are very easy to use and even nicer than the wood mounts because you can see exactly where they're going to line up on your card. I used Old Olive CS for the layers and matching brads. I cut the Birthday Wishes with the Oval Punch and backed it with Old Olive CS punched with the scallop oval punch. Hope you like it?
Thanks for sending me to Julie's site Judy ~ got me motivated to make a card! LOL!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card, Julia! Just using the shades of green it still looks awesome!!! Great use of products in the Summer Mini Catalogue! I have to crank things up too with my Summer Mini Catalogue projects... TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete