Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Cousin's Birthday Card

Judy & I are twins.  We had twin cousins 2 years older than us, Delilah & Charlene.  We lost Delilah to cancer and Charlene to Arkansas!  I'm sending Char this Birthday Card so she knows how much we love and miss her.


I used Pink Piroutte CS for the base of the card and the Edgelets Adorning Accents to cut the edge and then embossed with the Edgelet Embossing Folder.  The flowers are from Bordering on Romance Stamp Set and the best wishes is from Short & Sweet Stamp Set.  I colored with Stampin' Write Markers Pink Pirouette and Lucky Limeade.  I sponged the edges with Pink Piroutte Ink. I rounded the corners with the Corner Rounder Punch and used the Framelits Label Die to create the front and inside and embossed the oval with the Textured Impressiojns Designer Frames Embossing Folder, cut the flower out with the Large Oval Punch and added some Basic Pearls to the flowers.  I know she will love hearing from me and I miss her so much.  The four of us were always so close and after losing D, Charlene became our triplet.  Love you Char, hope your day is half as awesome as you are.  Love and miss you tons...your Cousin ~

I found this card on DO Stamping with Dawn, thanks so much for the great instructions and idea Dawn.




1 comment: