Monday, November 16, 2009

Crayon Resist Trees

I learned this from Linda at StampingSchool.com last night. I used a different stamp set than she did, but it was pretty much the same idea. You use black Staz-on ink to stamp the tree image on glossy CS. Then you add some white crayon to some of the branches that you want to look like have snow on them. Sponge the colors for the background (I punched out a 1" circle on a post-it-note for a mask while I did the sky), then took it off and sponged a ittle so it wouldn't be stark white. Use a clean part of your sponge to take the color off the places with the crayon and it looks just like snow. I added a scallop border. The background paper Bashful Blue I ran through the Big Shot with the Sizzix Distressed Embossing plate to give it some texture, added some Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon and Earthtone Base to match the scallop oval.

1 comment:

  1. That turned out good! Thanks for sharing. I love the colors you used. That is one of my favorite stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete